Increase Your User Engagement – 5 Easy & Solid Ways!
In today’s E-commerce world, it is hard to survive in this strong competition environment.
Day by day, E-commerce’s market share increases and people set up new E-commerce businesses to take advantage from this market share.
So, how can you handle in this competition environment?
Which strategy should you follow not to fall behind in the competition?
At this point, many E-commerce merchants think that increasing customer engagement would be a very effective way to make this happen.
According to Compass’ study, average bounce rate is 60%. This means most of E-commerces couldn’t make a good first impression.
That’s why E-commerce merchants say that customer engagement is the way to improve their brands and get better ROI.
Well, what should E-commerce businesses do in order to increase customer engagement?
I’m going to show 5 easy and solid ways to increase customer engagement and your revenue.
These easy and solid ways are:
- Social Media
- User Experience
- On-site Engagement
- Optimizing the website
As I mentioned in my older articles, personalization is one of the most crucial parts for E-commerces.
Customers want to feel unique and making them feel unique is passing through the personalization.
Based on their past behaviors and purchases, creating a web page that personalized by their needs, interests and relevant content is essential to engage more with your customers.
By tracking your customers’ preferences, you can keep in touch with them by sending personalized emails, push notifications, special discounts and rewards.
These actions will let customers have a better shopping journey.
According to Invesp’s research, 59% of the E-commerce customers think that online stores with personalized web pages make the shopping process easier and more attractive.
So, personalization is one of the key attributes to increase user engagement.
2) Social Media
Social media is a perfect way to connect with your customers and keep in touch with them.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram give us a huge opportunity to keep up a good conversation with your customers. Each one has a different feature that you can benefit from.
Nowadays, if a customer is not satisfied with your service, he/she raises concerns about your brand on social media and if you don’t reply them and solve the problem, it can easily go viral and damage your brand.
Likewise, if customers feel satisfied with your product or service, they share their opinion on social media. This action can increase your brand’s awareness, drive more traffic and increase your conversion rate.
Respond your customers from the social media individually, make them feel unique and care about their thoughts.
3) User Experience
People visit your store everyday and leave quickly without spending too much time.
Do you know why?
Because you can’t make a good impression on them and meet their demands.
It is important to provide good products/services that your visitors can easily find what they look for and if you can ensure these service, you can easily convert your visitors into customers and increase user engagement.
There are many ways to have a better user experience like:
- Optimizing homepages
- Using attractive images, colors and CTA buttons
- Fast loading pages
- Readable content
- Simple and easy-to-use design
- Show live chat for customer service
We can expand this list by many other techniques. The main idea is providing your visitors to have a better experience on your website.
These actions will lead visitors to spend more time on your website and engage more with your brand.
4) On site Engagement
Without user engagement, it is hard to build trust and relationship with your customers.
Increasing user engagement passes through the on site engagement. Companies set many strategies for increasing user engagement but they forget about a strategy that when the visitor is on their website.
Don’t forget that your website was built for a purpose that selling your products/services, driving more traffic, increasing conversion rate etc.
So, when visitors land on your website, you have to take actions in order to engage your visitors with your website. The more visitors that engaged with your website, the more increase in your revenue.
To have a better on-site engagement, you should:
- Target your visitors based on their past actions. Use your data to learn their likes and dislikes. Present special offers and attract them to buy your products.
- Put social media integration buttons on your website. As I mentioned above, social media platforms let your brand’s recognition and engage more with your brand. Social media buttons will allow your visitors to share your products/services.
- Use e-mail collector pop-ups and collect their email addresses. Let your customers learn latest updates and news on your website.
- Provide effective navigation tool to let your visitors find what they’re looking for easily.
5) Optimize Your Website
Optimizing your website is a very important action for to increase user engagement and designing a responsive website will give you great benefits.
When it comes to optimizing your website, you should think both mobile and desktop devices.
There are many ways that should be considered in order to optimize your website to attract more customers and have a better rank in search:
- Design your website according to your customers’ satisfaction. By analyzing your target customers, their behaviors and likes, you can change your website’s design according to your users’ likings.
- Optimize your landing pages by tracking their actions and analyzing their behavior, you can redirect them to the right landing pages. These landing pages should be attractive and interesting for your audience.
- Decrease page loading time. Visitors don’t want to spend their time by waiting for the page loading and they abandon your website.
- Build a responsive website in order to engage both mobile and desktop device users.
- Create easy-to-use content and use the right font.
- Use attractive and catchy colors, headlines, images, CTA buttons.
- Finally, optimize your website for mobile. In my older article, I tried to explain about how to optimize for mobile. You can find it here.
To increase user engagement, you should practice these tactics and you’ll see that they have great benefits to boost your revenue and better relationship with your customers.